From Tobacco Products
The NicStic uses a rechargeable heating coil in a plastic cigarette-sized stick to dispense nicotine without smoke. Contains ten disposable mouth-pieces resembling a filter as well as an object that looks likecigarette, it is a heating element that works from a battery, the cigarette case is a battery charger. 
Cigarette-size plastic tube with a rechargeable heating coil that vaporizes tobacco instead of burning it. A filter on the end of the tube is warmed up enough for a nicotine fix without the smoke, no smoke means no tar, arsenic, cadmium and formaldehyde like those found in regular cigarettes.
Product Design Features
- NicStic: has three components: a tube that emulates a traditional cigarette, a replaceable filter, and a battery-powered heating case
- Heating case is powered by a 3.7-volt lithium battery, similar to those found in cell phones and digital cameras
- Once charged, the heating case can power approximately 20 NicStic cigarettes
NicStic is a cigarette-shaped device with a replaceable filter designed to resemble a traditional cigarette. A Swiss product that claims to be a smokeless, tobacco-free cigarette, NicStic uses a rechargeable heating coil in a plastic, cigarette-sized stick to heat up a deposit of nicotine, which is drawn into the mouth of the smoker without producing the same toxic secondhand smoke that a regular cigarette does.
There are three components to NicStic: a tube that resembles a traditional cigarette, a replaceable filter, and a battery-powered heating case. The tube, with replaceable filter attached, is positioned in the heating case in order to charge the coil. Once the coil is heated, the NicStic is removed from the case, to be smoked in a traditional fashion by the user. Each filter lasts for approximately three minutes of smoking.
NicStic News Report 320X280 display from YouTube
- NicStic-world's first smokeless and tobacco-free cigarette to go on sale
- NicStic Kit, a Battery Powered Smokeless Cigarette
- A "Healthier" Smoke-Free Cigarette, It Exists, But Will We Ever Get It?
- Available since early 2006
- Retails online
- Removed from market in 2008 following poor sales
Advertising and Selling Messages
- Slogan: “Smoking Without Smoke”
- According to Swiss authorities, NicStic is not a medicinal product or smoking cessation tool
According to an article published on Wired.com, users report experiencing a very strong and unpleasant tobacco smell when smoking NicStic. They described NicStic puffs as being “without any taste” and “no kick whatsoever.” However, Eric Ottens, financial director of Metropolitan Worldwide Inc of Florida, NicStic’s US distributor, stated that in a recent test of NicStic on an airplane, the consumer reported being “completely satisfied,” and no one on board raised any complaints. He added: “NicStic will be able to accommodate, and satisfy, smokers everywhere,” even with increasing bans on smoking in public places.
Evert Wilbrink, NicStic’s spokesman, stated about the product: “Smoking alternatives are very popular…, like nicotine gum, nicotine nasal sprays, and even nicotine beer… [Though they] are fine at delivering nicotine, they do not mimic smoker’s satisfaction. NicStic is like a real cigarette. With NicStic in hand, now smokers and non-smokers can finally live together in peace.”
NicStic was withdrawn from sale in April 2008 following poor retail sales.
- NicStic filters come in traditionally-shaped cigarette hard packs of varying colors with names such as “1st”,“City”,“Diva”, and “Cares”
- The battery-powered heating case comes in a green and white box
The NicStic kit retails online for 80 euros, comes with a small plastic heating case, three voltage adapters and a carton of filters in boxes that resemble standard cigarette packs. The heating case is powered by a 3.7-volt lithium battery like those found in cell phones or digital cameras; once charged, it can fire up about 20 fume-free cigarettes.
Use and the Consumer
- Users report experiencing a very strong and unpleasant tobacco smell when smoking NicStic
Smoke Emissions and Human Use
- Not yet conducted or not available
- Not yet conducted or not available
- Not known
- No known organized community campaigns